Monday, February 1, 2010

Missing my brother.

Yes, two posts in one day. Amazed? I am feeling so far behind and am desperately wanting to catch up on everything.

I have been missing my brother a lot since his deployment, so I keep going back to the last moments I spent with him before saying, "See you later." (I despise good-byes.)

These were those cherished moments, in a rushed 24 hour trip to spend what little time with him that we could.

I HAD to make spice cookies to take along, they are one of his favorites and a recipe passed down from my grandmother. No, my cookies didn't turn out as uniform as hers, but they were still tasty!


Celebrating an early Christmas!


And this is where it gets fun! We decided to tell my brother we were expecting before he left, so we could do so in person. He was the first person we told about our pregnancy, and the only family member we were able to tell in person. I knew he could keep a secret, as we weren't telling another soul until Christmas.

John took the camera, and said.... "________ is gonna be an UNCLE!" SNAP went the camera, and this is what was captured.


It took him a moment, then he looked at me and exclaimed, "You're pregnant?!?!"


And finally, our time with him ended. We prayed with him, and then said our "See you laters." I was so thankful I was able to give him a big hug and tell him I loved him. Of course, I was fighting back tears the entire time. (And am also doing so right now!) He looked at me, as though he could sense what I was thinking, and said, "I am going to see you again Suzanne."


The dam I built holding back my tears didn't last long though, as soon as I made it out of his apartment I was a mess. I think I cried the entire three and a half hour trip home. I got home, only to find a sweet message from him, and started crying again.... so hard that my nose started bleeding.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't pray for his safety and protection. I can't wait for our little one to meet his or her uncle. I am so proud of him and what he has given up for the sake of our freedom.

And once again, I have tried but failed to hold back the tears.

1 comment:

AshleyTod said...

Me too! I didnt know he was deployed. What a brave man. He really is a neat person; your whole family is actually!