Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cozy evening.

It is snowing... AGAIN! I planned to walk downtown this morning to get out of the apartment, but as I walked out of our apartment and down the stairs to do some laundry I quickly changed my mind. The hallway was freezing! I decided cleaning would be a better option for today. Instead of shopping, I spent my morning scrubbing floors. Sounds like a fair trade, right?

We had a teammate over tonight for some chili and homemade cornbread. It was a perfect night for a bowl of soup. The candles were lit creating a cozy ambiance inside... all that was missing was a fireplace.

If by chance you are looking for a good cornbread recipe, try this one! I cut down the sugar and it was still delish. And buttermilk? Who has that on hand? I just used the white vinegar and milk trick which always seems to work like a charm.

Looking for a chili recipe? Sorry, can't help with that. I usually just end up dumping things in and tasting it along the way. After all, isn't that the point of chili? So easy but oh so delicious?

No comments: