Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baking Day!

Mmm. Just thinking about these cookies makes me mouth water. I mustered up enough energy to attempt a new recipe during a "snow day" earlier this winter. (Of course, a "snow day" for me simply means that I don't want to leave the apartment.) After all, what is a snow day without some baking?

Directions: Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto cookie sheet. Talk about some big cookies. I was getting a little nervous that they wouldn't spread out.



Relief sets in as the cookies start to spread. (Do you love how small our oven is? The cookie sheet actually rests in its side groves.)



And, the finished product. A little crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. Perfection! They received rave reviews from all taste testers involved.


Here is the recipe for those of you looking to try something new. Warning: these cookies are huge! As in, cookie shop sized. Of course, if you don't fancy large cookies, just drop by the tablespoon or whatever you prefer. They are most definitely my new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you get a chance to try them out, let me know what you think!

No comments: