Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby Journal.

As I was looking back through my journal this morning, I thought it would be nice to start sharing a few selected entries that I have written along the way. Since we didn't tell family and friends until we were further along, hopefully it will be a special way for you to imagine our journey to parenthood and our emotions along the way.

My journal is usually more of a prayer journal, but since finding out we were pregnant, I have included a few "baby journal" entries as well. Here is one from the day after we found out I was carrying little Baby Turek. (And no, I did not edit any of it.... otherwise I probably would have taken out a few lines of "so incredibly blessed!")

11/23/2009

I am amazed at God's blessings. I can't believe there is a small little miracle growing inside me. It still seems rather surreal. I imagine it will until I see the doctor at least.

I have been blessed with such an amazing husband! This morning he gave me a kiss on the forehead because I was brushing me teeth, took two steps and then turned around with the cutest look on his face. He then rubbed my belly and little and just smiled.

This afternoon, after waking up from a nap together, he gave me a big hug and exclaimed, "We're going to be a family now!" He is so sweet... and I know he will be an amazing father. I am so incredibly blessed.

At times I feel overwhelmed when I think of what a huge responsibility God has entrusted us with. I pray that we will be Godly parents and that God will give us the wisdom we need to raised our children to follow Him.

I am just so incredibly blessed to get to carry this little miracle. I trust this Christmas season will have a special meaning as I imagine Mary, carrying Jesus.

No comments: