Friday, July 16, 2010

Update on "decisions."

Sorry to leave you hanging, we're tired of waiting to hear back from the doctor as well! Finally at 2:00, we called again and were told this time that both our doctor and her assistant were out of the office today. I wish they would have told us earlier, the five hours we waited seemed to drag on forever.

So, let's hope that we hear something tomorrow. At this point we are planning on scheduling a c-section but hoping that he decides to come before then so that we can at least give labor a try (before he gets even bigger). I spoke with a friend today who is a midwife and she offered a lot of wisdom and advice. From her experience, if a baby is too large to be delivered vaginally then the mother's body won't progress far enough along to do so anyway. Many times the early stage of labor can be an indicator of what direction to go.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. We really, really appreciate them and know that ultimately God is in control... not us.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love you so much, and am praying already for a safe delivery for Baby T...God's just knitting him together a little bigger than most! Not surprising, given the genetics. :) Just know that "His peace, which surpasses ALL of our understandstanding will guard you"...and John as you anticipate the next days and week.

Love you!