Monday, July 12, 2010

Dr. Appointment Recap.

We had another doctor's appointment on Friday, and unfortunately there wasn't much of a change from last time we were there. Baby Turek's heart rate held steady at 140 which was good. I measured at 39 weeks, but was not yet dilated which was rather disappointing. After a week of walking and keeping active, I was hoping for at least a little bit of a reward for my efforts. No such luck.

We go in on Wednesday for another ultrasound to determine how big this little guy is getting. From there we may have to make some decisions regarding the birth depending on the results. For the most part I am feeling pretty good, just tiring rather quickly. I am forcing myself to keep at it, but there are times I remind myself that I need to rest as labor could come at any moment.

I sat in a chair this morning watching my little son kicking away causing my belly to move into a contortion of different shapes. In that moment I reminded myself, once again, not to wish away these last days of pregnancy but to enjoy them as much as possible. I know that sleepless nights are just around the corner, so for now I should appreciate the naps I am able to take and spend time soaking in the beauty of carrying another life.

The washing machine and dryer have done multiple loads of Baby Turek's laundry, his hospital bags are packed and ready, his room is done and awaiting his arrival. Now comes the waiting game. I am at peace though, that everything will work out according to God's will. Only He truly knows how big he is or whether his lungs are developed. I can't stress out about birth certificates, passports, and plane tickets. I know that God won't give me more than I can handle. So for now, all I can do is wait patiently to hold my little boy in my arms.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad to hear his checkup was good and that you're doing okay. I can only imagine how tiring it is to carry around another human being...but he'll be here soon! I'd love to see pics of the finished nursery. :)