Monday, July 5, 2010

He is head down!!!

Baby Turek is finally head down! Our ob/gyn scheduled an ultrasound for last Wednesday to determine position, and sure enough our little son decided to be a good boy at last and turned himself head down. I'm not sure when he did it, he must have done it during the night because I am fairly certain I would have known what he was up to otherwise.

The week before the ultrasound I was noticing movements in different places and had called my mom once to tell her I felt hiccups in a different place, but the next day his hiccups were back to normal so I figured that perhaps it was a fluke. All that to say, perhaps I'm just not very good and guessing what body parts are what.

The ultrasound also revealed that we have one "big" boy on our hands. They estimated that at 36 weeks and 3 days he weighed 7 lb. 12 oz. They will do another ultrasound at 38 weeks to see how much he has grown as they are worried about possible shoulder dysplasia because his abdomen seems to be measuring in the 94 percentile (usually meaning he has broad shoulders.) I am just hoping that their measurements are off and praying that Baby Turek decides to come before he gets TOO big.

No comments: