Saturday, July 17, 2010

Baby Turek's Expected Birthday...

is Tuesday, July 20!

Unless our little guy decides to arrive on his own, he will be here at 7:30 in the morning on Tuesday. I don't think I will be able to sleep Monday night. I know it won't be right away, but I will still get to hold him in my arms on Tuesday morning!

It is so strange knowing ahead of time when his birthday will be. I think it actually makes it a little more overwhelming. I feel like everything has to be done before then, whereas if he just came on his own I wouldn't have time to think about it. I am going to try to do my best to just enjoy the weekend and not worry too much about the "to do" list.

I am already looking forward to date night on Monday, our last one for quite some time I'm sure. Everyone always says how much life is going to change, and I know it will... but I know it will be for the better. The love that will take over when I hear my son's first cry and get to hold him in my arms for the first time will be worth far more than anything I've had to go through or anything I'll have to give up.

I'm already more in love with my husband, watching him as he becomes the father I've always dreamed of having for my children. The look he has on his face when he talks about "our son" is priceless. Every kiss he gives him melts my heart, and I know that my love for John will only grow stronger as I watch him love our son and lead our family.

Most importantly, my love for my savior has and will continue to deepen. When I think that God gave his ONLY son for me, I can't help but to have a greater appreciation as I get ready to have my own son. I don't think I will comprehend how great my Father's love is for me until I become a parent myself.

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray that unless Baby Turek decides to come before Tuesday, that everything will go smoothly with the c-section. Please pray that Baby Turek would adjust quickly to life outside the womb and also that I would recover as quickly as possible. As we wait for further information on plane tickets, please pray that everything would work out with his passport and leaving the country.

Thanks once again. I fully intend to get photos of the nursery posted this weekend, so stay tuned!

No comments: