Friday, April 9, 2010

Dusseldorf.

We took advantage of some sunshine last week and went on a little day trip to Dusseldorf, a city less than one hour from our home in Hagen. It is always nice to get away, but even more so after such a long winter. Although the wind made our day a bit chilly, the sun shone for most of our trip. At this point I use the sunglasses rule: if I can wear them it must be a nice day.

Upon our arrival my eyes immediately scouted out a baby shop. John seemed just as excited as I was to scout out some things for our little one, and it was even more fun knowing that we were looking for anything boy related. Anything, that is, except Burberry jeans for infants which happened to come with a 150 euro price tag. John looked at me and said, "Suzanne this place is really expensive." I smiled back and whispered, "I know, just keep looking!" So that is exactly what we did, and also did pretty much the rest of the day... "window shopped."

I also had to take a few photos along the way:






We stopped for lunch as I fought off an oncoming migraine, meandered the streets and then made a stop at Ikea on the way home. I can't wait to head back when it gets a little nicer to enjoy some gelato and sunshine at a riverside cafe. Oh springtime, please come and stay for good!

No comments: