Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you grateful for today? Here is my list:

I am thankful I serve a loving God who cares about the smallest of details about my life.

Forgiveness and Grace.

An amazing husband who loves me, cherishes me, and gently leads me. I appreciate his work ethic, his patience, his sense of humor, and so much more.

A family that loves me no matter what and supports us in our adventure. We couldn't live the life that we do without them.

Friends, near and far, who are there to pray for me, laugh with me, and are understanding of our lifestyle. I love that although we may not stay in touch daily, we always start off right where we left off.

I am thankful for the soldiers, past and present, who unselfishly serve our country.

Good health and modern medicine.

A roof over my head, a warm shower, heat... and food to eat. I realize that not everyone in the world has such luxuries. And thus, I am incredibly grateful that I do.

The house God seemingly placed in our laps this summer. I am thankful the ceilings are high enough that John doesn't have to worry about ducking, and that the ping pong table in the basement makes him so happy. :) I enjoy spending time on the deck and appreciating the nature God created that surrounds us. Oh, and I love being able to take bubble baths!

A job that my husband loves. I am glad he likes going to work every day, and that we've been able to gain so much life experience because of it.

The opportunity we've had to travel. I've seen more of the world then I would have ever dreamed of seeing... and yet there is so much more to discover.

Technology. I don't know how we would survive over here without it. I am thankful that I can "see" our family although we are miles apart. I am also glad we can listen to our church from back home and to a multitude of other pastors as well. We can even watch American television thanks to our Slingbox! The Today Show just came on! :)

For the little things in life, that really shouldn't be considered little: Target, lattes, candles, cute clothes, shoes, decorating blogs, comfy couches, fluffy down comforters, crockpots, grills, yummy recipes, books, magazines, Skype, dishwashers, cameras, summers at home... and the list could go on and on!

No comments: