Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recap of our Dr. Appointment

Our doctor's appointment went well.... with the exception of one thing. After waiting for what seemed like eternity (really only 30 minutes) the nurse called me into the little nurses station to check my vitals, etc. When opening up my folder she was a bit confused as to why I didn't have a chart started for my pregnancy. I explained my situation and told them I had my medical records from Germany for the doctor to look over.

That is when they said they needed to do a PREGNANCY TEST first. I was just a little shocked and the first words out of my mouth were, "seriously?" One look at my belly clearly reveals I am pregnant. Perhaps they thought I had a stomach tumor or something? I told them I had seen the baby multiple times on the ultrasound... pretty sure I am really pregnant.

I finally convinced them that a pregnancy test was not needed (I was imagining a $200 bill for something completely unnecessary.) Thankfully once our doctor arrived she was much more understanding of our situation and nomadic lifestyle.

The baby's heart rate was 153 and I am measuring normal. I am going to have to get used to not seeing our little guy at every visit. Honestly, it makes going to the doctor much less exciting. But, it sure is nice being able to articulate questions and actually understand the answers!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow, Suzanne. Pretty impressive that you only have about 2 months to go and you had to convince the nurse that you're having a baby!

Did the nurse happen to be blind? Perhaps looking at someone behind you? Maybe she was sleep walking. Hallucinating?