Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March!

Where in the world did the month of February go? I feel as though it always flies by, but this year seemed to go even faster than normal.

Things in the Turek household have been pretty standard. The snow on the ground has FINALLY melted and the slight increase in temperatures outside reminds me that springtime is soon on its way. John is battling a cold, but has been downing Vitamin C like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully his efforts will be rewarded and he'll be back to his normal self soon!

There are only TWO weeks left in the regular season. In fact, had the league not extended the season due to a national team promotional game we would be done already! Things are looking up in terms of basketball. John's team is currently in third place, with hopes of making it into the second place before playoffs begin. It has been really fun to watch the past couple of games, as the team is playing like in the beginning of the year only with a few player positions changed. More importantly, they are having fun on the court and that is the most exciting for me personally to see.

At this time of the year I start reflecting back on the season and wondering if I have really made the most of my experience here. Have I made deep enough friendships? Have I been hospitable enough? Have I grown both personally and in my faith? Unfortunately, I know that I can do better. So, I am determined to make the most out of the remainder of my time here in Poland! And, as hard as it may be, I am also determined not to dream of summertime, but to enjoy the moments I have here... as I know I will never be able to get them back.

No comments: