Sunday, October 7, 2012

Isaiah: Day Eight

I love newborn photos. They capture a stage in life that is so fleeting. These images bring back a flood of memories. I can so vividly remember Isaiah's eighth day of life. He lost his umbilical cord that morning, just in time for photos that afternoon. As I got ready for photos that day, it felt good to feel a bit "normal" again. The incision from my c-section was still painful as my skirt rubbed against it, but I was still feeling much better this time around than I did after having Kaleb.

Day eight: tired, but still running on a bit of an adrenaline after bringing new life into the world. I knew the effort getting photos taken would be worth it in the end. And, it was. Totally worth every ounce of energy.

We are fortunate to have had Creative Images by Tammy take our wedding photos, Kaleb's newborn photos, and now Isaiah's newborn photos. Three months later, I finally got around to creating a video with these images, and I get all teary eyed every time I watch it. My these little ones grow fast. Part of me wants to go back and do it all over again, but the other part is thankful to be through some of the most trying of days. As life goes though, some of our most difficult of days are also the most beautiful.


 
Isaiah: 8 days old from Suzanne Turek on Vimeo.

(A couple of stanzas of Brahm's Lullaby were played in our hospital every time a new life entered this world. Ever since Kaleb was born I have played this version for both of my boys over and over, often before bedtime. Every time I hear it, it takes me right back to the hospital room.)

No comments: