Thursday, May 12, 2011

Moments in Time.

My latest project has included uploading all my photos, those precious frozen moments in time, to Shutterfly so that I could print off hard copies to put in albums this summer. Since it has been quite some time since I have done this (re: YEARS) I had plenty of time to relive experiences in the process. I have so many memories tucked away in my mind, but seeing photos makes them come to life again and makes all the details more vivid and colorful.

I suppose I am in bit of a state of denial at the moment. Denial that my baby boy is nearly ten months old. Denial that I am now 27 years old. (I just considered this yesterday even though my birthday was over two weeks ago.) Denial that we are finally in the home stretch this season... that we are heading home in less than three weeks.

It goes the same way every year. The beginning is an adventure, meeting new people... exploring new faces. And the ending is also the same: bittersweet and seemingly rushed. We are excited to get home to family and friends, but sad to leave here all the same.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our little nine month old seems to be getting cuter and bigger by the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He got to try Cheerios for the first time on the day he turned nine months, and boy does he love them. He seems to enjoy anything that he can feed himself, with egg yolk scramble topping his list of favorites these days.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John's team won the Dutch Cup and have now advanced into the finals. The coming week will be insanely busy with five games in a matter of eight days. I'm not sure who game days wear out more: dad, mom or baby. Poor Kaleb is up way past his bedtime and thus generally more cranky than normal for the following couple of days. It is totally worth it though, to see Kaleb clapping in stands while watching everything going on all around him. My heart melts every time John comes and gives us a kiss after the game.

Autograph anyone?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The days are getting longer and warmer as we spend more time outdoors, especially on our little deck.

Photobucket

Easter Sunday was a celebration indeed. As we worshipped with our international church and cheered for those being baptized, I couldn't help but to think of what heaven will look like. We are always fortunate when we are able to find a church over here... but even more fortunate this year to walk into a crowd of familiar brothers and sisters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I turned 27 and although John was on the road for a game, we were able to celebrate that morning as a family. I must say, I have quite a romantic husband. He goes above and beyond to make me feel special, and I appreciate him dearly for it. John surprised me with a facial that morning... one hour of quiet pampering. We had an early lunch at my favorite little spot, Bagels & Beans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, he even managed to make me a cake to eat with friends later that evening. Who, by the way, came to celebrate with grilled hamburgers and a delicious meal. I am so fortunate to have such amazing friends here.

The cake? Well, the cake was a "princess" themed one. Because according to John... I am his princess. I am thinking it was one of the only ones he could find here. Hilarious yet oh, so sweet.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Popped over and loved seeing your sweet little guy--he is adorable, Suzanne! Happy late birthday too :) Glad to hear you guys are doing well...we think of you whenever we pass through CB or Omaha!

the sears family