Monday, January 21, 2013

No more, dada.

Have I told you lately how much I love the stages my boys are in? Because I do. I just wish I could freeze time and stay here forever.

Last night my little Isaiah went 12 straight hours without eating! (I wish I could say sleeping, but alas he was up for a bit in protest.) Still though. I will take it. I didn't even have ONE cup of coffee today and still have energy. Amazing what some sleep will do for a body! He is simply too cute for words. He has a new little fake smile where he squints his eyes, almost closes them, and then gives this cheesy smile as his chubby cheeks look as though they may burst.

And my Kaleb? He turned two and a half yesterday. Sigh. That boy just melts my heart. He can be so ornery yet is so sweet and gentle a majority of the time. Our quiet boy is starting to put more words together and use them in different ways. Today? Straight comedy from those dear lips of his.

  Snowy morning. Painting in our jammies. #snowday

 I will set the scene:

John: (Singing loudly.)

Kaleb: (Said with a touch of sweetness and innocence.) "No more dada."

 Oh my, I lost it. Too funny. And not one hour later....

 Me: (Dancing around in a quirky sort of way.)

 Kaleb: "No mama."

I just couldn't stop laughing.

Tonight I tucked him in, pulled the shades down and heard his sweet voice say, "Mama?" To which I responded "Yes, Kaleb?" "Mama go nigh nigh too?"

Melt. My. Heart.

No comments: