Thursday, January 13, 2011

From Holland to bella Italia to the good ol' U S of A and back.

After a wonderful three and a half weeks back at home in the States, Kaleb and I have arrived back in Groningen. Although our time home was incredibly special, by the end of our trip I was also anxious to get back to our life here in Europe. I missed John terribly (he was only home for less than a week right around Christmas.) And I must admit, I thrive on routine. I was always the one who was actually excited for school to start so that I could back into a better schedule. Also, knowing my time at home was limited, I probably wore myself a little thin trying to squeeze in everyone I wanted to see and everything I wanted to do. 

I'll save the rest of our recapture and photos for another blog post. For now, the long awaited photos of our trip to Italy! We left for Bergamo, Italy and drove up to the Como area the beginning of December. I had been to Lake Como before and was beyond excited to return. One of these days I must get John there to vacation as well... I love the area that much. It was different his time around as the weather was much colder and we even got to see snow on the ground (not exactly how I was imagining a trip to Italy!) But, the view was still breathtakingly beautiful.

Downtown Como by night with lights already up for Christmas.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our dependable method of transportation from the airport to our hotel and back!
Photobucket

Snug as a bug in a rug. :)
Photobucket

I love fruit stands anywhere in the world... but everything just seems better in Italy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cured hams and cheeses. Although I found the meat a bit disturbing, the cheeses did look delicious. Although frankly, my favorite part about this photo is probably the sign. I find Italian to be ever so romantic.
Photobucket

These delicacies were more up my alley.
Photobucket

Marzipan anyone?
Photobucket

Kaleb's first trip to Italy... I think he fell in love too. :)
Photobucket



Photobucket

Kaleb's first boat trip too! I took a video so "daddy" could watch it later since he missed out.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh Como, I miss that place already. Someday I hope to return for a relaxing getaway at a hotel right on the lake. Until that day, I will relive my memories through my photos. :)

No comments: