Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh happy days.

All I hear right now is the sound of my clock ticking away, reminding me that I need to start dinner soon. And thus I am happy... so happy that my little man went to bed without a single cry tonight resulting in his blessed silence. He babbled for a few minutes and was out like a light, which is a good sign that things are on the way back to normal. I shouldn't have feared, but after nothing calmed my screaming boy for a good 45 minutes the other day, I got deseperate and sent out a virtual plea via facebook for any advice that would help my situation. The consenus was clear: it would just take time.

I'd say after two rather miserable days, the most recent hours have been pretty smooth sailing. Which by the way, Kaleb loves watching the boats. And of course the birds. He blew kisses to a little friend he made at the beach today. (Which is just him blowing with his lips pursed together slightly.)

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

His little smirk is coming back. Of course, he is generally a happy camper when it comes to meal time!

0.jpg

My grandpa is undergoing heart surgery today... and we have been praying for him all day. Perspective changes everything. Every day here is a gift, a beautiful gift at that.

Thank you again for your prayers. For now Kaleb's sleep tent is still inside his crib... but we will transition out of that eventually. For now he is sleeping better again and God continues to remind me that He won't give me more than I can handle with His strength.

Hope you find beauty in His creation today,
Suzanne

No comments: