Friday, August 26, 2011

Pediatrician Love.

Kaleb had his one year appointment today (One month late, yep... super mom here; I'm blaming this one on insurance companies.) and can I just brag about my pediatrician for a minute? Okay, only HALF joking. But, seriously she is pretty great. Although, maybe I just find her great because I am used to a different "system" in Europe. It was so refreshing to take Kaleb to a doctor's office here that is what I was used to growing up. Naturally what we are used to seems normal although essentially every mom across the world has their own version of normal. I mean really, what is normal anyway?

Our little man now weighs 33 inches and weighs 28 pounds. I read somewhere the other day that a general rule of thumb is 10 inches of growth the first year. Sounds about right to this first time mama! (In Kaleb's case it was about 11.) No first steps yet, I should probably start some sort of pool as to when they will occur. He has two signs down now, "more" and "drink." Although now he seems to be confusing the two. Regardless, watching him sign and say "moa" is pretty darn cute.

Rest assured, the doctor seemed to be content with all my answers, how we are doing things and Kaleb's rate of growth. (There is a reason "moa" is one of this first words!) Isn't it funny how reassuring that feels? Maybe it is just me, but it feels good to at least think I am doing something right. Far too often I carry too much guilt, thinking I could be doing something better or accomplishing more.

Bravo to all my other mama friends out there- you are all doing a fabulous job wherever you are. It isn't always easy. Forget the never ending "to do list." Instead focus on everything you are doing right. When you think of all those sweet hugs, kisses, smiles and giggles.... nothing that you "didn't get done" really matters after all. -Suzanne

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: