Thursday, March 3, 2011

Randoms.

I sitting here at our living room table with the sun shining directly in my face while Kaleb naps. I actually took some time for myself today to do things like, use self tanner and pluck my eyebrows. Things that really don't take very much time, but things that I usually forego in the attempt to get other things done. So, while we hosted a dinner party for ten last night and I should have used my time to, oh you know, clean the pots and pans in the kitchen, I didn't... and I am fairly certain I feel much better because of it.

We are struggling with technology over here. One computer's hard drive went kaput. Another one won't allow me to log in to the administrator account and in an attempt to better secure our computer I think I lost our photos. Our back up hard drive isn't working either. When it rains, it pours. I am trying *not* to freak out about it. So... bear with the lack of photos for a few more days. I have managed to upload new pics to our iPad, but am having troubles getting them to the blog. I am sure it is easier than I am making it seem. Advice anyone?

Kaleb and I went on a walk yesterday only to discover new evidences of life (a.k.a. tiny little blades of grass popping through the soil) meaning that Spring is just around the corner! I couldn't be more excited for nice weather, play dates in the grass outside, and walks in the fields. I am immediately reminded of spring days in Hagen last year, walking the hills with my little guy still in my belly. And now he is here, smiling away... weighing in at 23.5 pounds and measuring nearly 30 inches in length. My how he has grown!

Sidenote, just to keep with the random theme: While on my trip home a lady in the airport commented, "Your baby is just as big as you are!" Which of course, made me laugh. Kaleb has a way of making friends everywhere he goes... as do most children. The older gentleman behind us saved his cookie from lunch on the airplane to give to Kaleb. I had to explain that he had just started eating pureed veggies. ;)

And finally, I think we are over jet lag! Praise the Lord, I didn't know how much more I could take. I think most moms out there would agree that their child's crying has to be harder on them than on their little one. Thank goodness for a waterfall soundtrack, headphones, and a well rested daddy who kept a listening ear for a not-so-well-rested mommy.

No comments: