Friday, June 11, 2010

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Have you ever read that book? You know, the one where if you give a mouse a cookie then you'll have to give him a glass of milk, and if you give him a glass of milk well, there is something else he is just going to keep on wanting.

That is about how I feel at the moment; I am that mouse.

Most women talk about how many times they wake up in the night to use the bathroom. Women who are pregnant or have been pregnant often ask me how many times I get up in the night, as if it is some sort of common club we all belong to. When I tell them not at all they usually look at me as though I am crazy.

You see, if I wake up to use the bathroom then I realize I am hungry, and then I lay there thinking of everything going on in my life until I get to the point where I really, really need to eat. So I get up to eat and then sit down to blog because I realize it's been over a week since I've shared my life with you. And now here I am rambling away because it is 5:00 in the morning and my brain is barely functioning.

And that, my friends, is why I usually just don't get up in the first place. Let's hope that tomorrow night the whole "limiting liquids before bedtime" actually works again.

As a post note: some think that waking up in the night during pregnancy is God's way of preparing you for those middle of the night feedings. I just don't know if I agree. Doesn't it make more sense to try to be as rested as possible before going into the upcoming months of limited sleep?

No comments: