Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! (A little late...)

To all my fellow Americans reading this post... Happy Thanksgiving!

To celebrate Thanksgiving we had John's American teammates over for a huge feast on Wednesday night. (The guys had the evening off practice, so we celebrated a day early to give us more time to enjoy the food!)

While we weren't able to track down a turkey, we had the normal stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie! I am drooling at the mouth just thinking of it all! Mashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, rice & gravy, cornbread, apple pie, the list continues!

For a few days in advance, I had all my "American" products needed to make different dishes laying out on our cupboard... just sitting there for me to admire and to get me in the "Thanksgiving" mood.

Thankfully I wasn't the only one cooking. A new American and his wife arrived about a month ago, so we were able to team up and cook different dishes.

Our actual Thanksgiving day was spent lounging around, eating leftovers, and talking to family. (And I, of course, was scouting out all the Black Friday ad specials wishing I could fly back for the day to shop!)

Although we made the most of the holiday, I will admit it is one of the only times of the year that I get a bit homesick. I miss being with family, watching football, and looking through all the ads figuring out which shops to hit first. But... if nothing else it will make us truly appreciate our time at home for Christmas!

No comments: