Friday, October 26, 2007

Cheese anyone?

Well, we just returned from a maddening dash to the local grocery store, the GB. Don't ask me what that stands for, because I certainly don't have a clue. Perhaps I could figure it out, but at this point I haven't attempted such a thing.

After darting our way through the traffic and into the store we quickly went up and down the aisles trying to get everything needed to prepare a dinner for guests this evening.

I am making chili and of course everyone needs cheese to go with chili. So, I stumble around looking for the closest thing to cheddar that I can find.

Then, I see it.... CHEDDAR cheese!

But, one look at the price tag quickly discourages me. I soon realized that is is 11 euros for 250 grams of cheese. So, I did my math for those of you not up to date with the current exchange rate.

Sixteen George Washingtons. That is right, $16 USD for a little block of cheese which can be found nearly anywhere in the States. Needless to say, we passed on the attractive offer.

No comments: