Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No Countdown, Please.

Our time here is getting shorter by the day. I said something to John about it this morning and he got a sad look on his face and said, "Let's not do a countdown, okay?" I think Kaleb agrees.

Infatuated with the mixer.
(Kaleb is infatuated with the mixer these days, and wasn't happy until I put it on his highchair to eat breakfast with.)
27 weeks. Love my boys!

As for me, I try not to think about it either, but tending to details that need to be taken care of at home makes that nearly impossible. If you would have asked me just a few weeks ago how I felt about leaving I would have still been feeling really reluctant about our situation. But, we keep praying... and God has slowly given me a sense of excitement about going home and "nesting." Meanwhile, Kaleb seems to be getting older by the minute. He now goes potty on the "big boy potty" with each diaper change. He is just as proud of himself as we are of him. Time just keeps marching on. I can hardly believe I am in the third trimester already, yet the first trimester seems like forever ago.

Big boy!
29 weeks!

We are enjoying every last game of daddy's before we head get on several airplanes to get back home. Kaleb had a jersey made for him, and he sure is cute sporting it. He just loves watching daddy play, and also enjoys playing himself. It is hilarious to watch what he picks up on, such as "dribbling." (Which is him hitting the ball on the ground and then shooting.)

Waiting for daddy's game to start.
Still waiting.... and trying to keep the little one entertained.


I feel the same way every year a season starts to wind down. A sense of "if only" hits me pretty hard at some point. "If only" we would have done this, "if only" we would have seen this. And soon I feel as though I am trying to make up for lost time, squeezing everything in. Yet, at the same time I am looking forward to wrapping things up and heading home for the summer. This year will be more bitter than sweet as we have to leave daddy behind for a while. I just hope I can hold myself together at the airport, for Kaleb's sake at least.

Drinks at the Gdansk Hilton.
29 weeks- this one to the day. Downtown Gdansk.


Although we have contemplated staying here to have the baby so we could all stay together during the final stretch, we just don't have a peace about it. We have been praying and praying that God would lead us in the right direction, and now we have to step out in faith and trust that He will work out everything for His glory. As of now, my due date is June 10 and John's last possible game is June 5. Kaleb and I finally have our tickets rebooked for late April... and now all we can do is trust. Trust in God's perfect timing and His provisions. He will give us strength no matter what lies ahead. We are just all looking forward to meeting this little bundle of joy. We have so much to look forward to, that is for sure.

3 comments:

Anne S. said...

I love the stink-eye that he is giving you while communing with the mixer! I didn't know appliance attachment happened so early! I suspect Stephen snuggles the blender or the coffee pot when I'm not looking.

I'll be praying for you as you get ready to head back and do the single-mommy thing for a while. How fun that you'll be back in your house, though, and with your mom close.

Love you!

Simone said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! Take care, you'll Be fine with Him on your side!

Suzanne Turek said...

Anne- I would guess the coffee pot. ;) And yes, hilarious that he loves his mixer. Probably not the safest of "toys" but it keeps him entertained while he "cooks". Thanks for the prayers!
Simone- Thank you for your sweet words and your encouragement. I hope that you are feeling well these days... are you out of your first trimester yet?