Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finals!

It is a rainy morning (rather afternoon) here in Zgorzelec.  And, thanks to a gentle reminder from a friend I am finally updating our blog.  :)  

Much has happened since the last time I wrote.  John's team has advanced to the finals, after defeating Energa Czarni 4-2 in the semi-finals.  Prokom, the number seed, also advanced and we are currently down 2-1 in the seven game series with the next game being at home tomorrow.  Unfortunately, we lost a game last night that we shouldn't have by three points after being up most of the game and having the momentum through most of the game. Hopefully some changes will be made going into the game tomorrow and our guys fight harder than ever before.  I know John is ready for revenge!  He was so bummed last night that I figured I had to do something to get his mind off of things, so we had a dance party.... just the two of us.  The theme songs? "Just dance" and "Live your Life."  Haha... yes, we are that cool. ;)  
I went to my workout gym for the last time yesterday, and it was rather bittersweet.  I get so tired of saying good-byes in this crazy life of mine, but sadly enough it comes with the territory.  I felt like my last day at the gym was just a small foreshadowing of the upcoming weeks and I found myself torn between not wanting to say "good-bye" to friends here but also  wanting to say "hello" to friends and family in the States all the same.  

Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I will do a couple of posts detailing the last few weeks.  

No comments: